I was always interested in psychology, so I completed a BSc in Psychology with Clinical Psychology, this is where I learned about the connection between the mind and body, specifically the effect of stress on the skin. I trained as a medical doctor for 9 years (including 5 years at medical school) and then completed 5 years of training in dermatology (including a year spent in psychodermatology research). Practicing psychodermatology was the perfect way to combine both of my passions!
- 3 years for Batchelor of Science Degree (Psychology with Clinical Psychology)
- 5 years at Medical School
- 4 years as a junior doctor in General Medicine
- 1 year as a Research doctor in Psychodermatology
- 4 years training in Dermatology
Total 17 years of training before becoming a Consultant Dermatologist! As part of this training I have completed exams to become a member of the Royal College of Physicians (UK) and am on the GMC specialist register for Dermatology.